Event DetailsWedding Date: August 18, 2018
Client Name: Marty Ashfield
Terms and ConditionsThis agreement made this January 23, 2021 by and between Abbey Kyhl (PHOTOGRAPHER) and Marty Ashfield (CLIENT), contains the entire understanding between PHOTOGRAPHER and the CLIENT. There is no understanding between the parties verbal or otherwise than contained in this agreement. It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties. The only way to add or change this agreement is to do so in writing, signed by all the parties. If the parties want to waive one provision of this agreement, that does not mean that any other provision is also waived. The party against whom a waiver is sought must have signed the waiver in writing.
- Payments – An initial retainer fee of $1500 is required with the signed contract to hold shooting dates and pre-production planning. Retainer fees are non-refundable. An additional 50% of collection total is due within 30 days prior to the above stated service date. The remaining payment is due following the above stated service date, prior to the delivery of online proofs.
- Delivery of Finished Product – PHOTOGRAPHER will deliver the photo(s) to the client or the client is welcome to pick-up their photo(s) in person. Photo(s) can also be shipped at an additional cost. Online Proof Gallery will be available within 35 days of the above stated service. Printed materials (albums) take 6-8 weeks from order date.
- High Resolution Files – Where the ownership of the high-resolution digital files (negatives) are included with the package, you agree to assume full responsibility for the care and condition of said digital files. PHOTOGRAPHER recommends storing copies in several locations, including off site storage. PHOTOGRAPHER is not responsible for the colour reproduction of enlargements from these files that been taken to non-professional and/or consumer type labs. PHOTOGRAPHER will keep a copy of these files for 1 years after the date of the above stated service. Requests for additional and/or replacement copies of these files will incur an additional cost of $300/set.
- Continuous Hours – this contract covers the hours specified on a continuous basis. Overtime requests on the day of the wedding will be signed and approved by either member of the booking party as stated above and payment will be due upon delivery of the proofs.
- Time Required – The customer should attempt to provide PHOTOGRAPHER with adequate time to perform the photo shoot portion. PHOTOGRAPHER cannot be held responsible for timelines that do not run on schedule and subsequently cut down the time allotted for photos, thereby not providing the couple with all the photos expected. PHOTOGRAPHER will also not be responsible for photos that are not completed due to the possibly uncooperative nature of the individuals to be included in any photographs. It is the couple’s responsibility to inform all participating parties, that the photos are occurring and as to where and when.
- Permits – The client is responsible for obtaining all necessary permits required for photo locations and to make arrangements to have said permit available on the wedding date.
- Copyright/Usage – PHOTOGRAPHER will retain the copyright of the photographs and permission is hereby given for PHOTOGRAPHER to use these photos for future advertising, studio display, competition, exhibits and/or reproduction.
- Exclusive Rights – It is understood that PHOTOGRAPHER is the exclusive Official Photographer retained to perform the services requested in this contract
- Postponement / Cancellation – In the event of postponement or cancellation of the affair/contract, PHOTOGRAPHER will use the retainer fee towards a replacement date that is suitable to our schedule.
- Studio Liability – PHOTOGRAPHER will take the utmost care with respect to the production, post-production and delivery of the photo(s). However, in the event PHOTOGRAPHER fails to comply with the terms in this contract, due to any event or act outside the control of PHOTOGRAPHER, is limited to the retainer fees ONLY.
- Travel Expenses – PHOTOGRAPHER charges $0.60 / KM for travel expenses (First 100 KM no-charge) unless otherwise stated.
- Fees – an administration fee of $25.00 will be applied to NSF Cheques.
We're almost done!
Thank you for finishing the booking proposal, Marty!
We're almost done. Next, I'll review all of the details and sign the contract myself. Once I do, your wedding photography is officially booked!
Thanks again - I'll be in touch shortly! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions at all!